Monday, January 2, 2012

366-100

So my journey to being 100 lbs lighter is well under way. Wow I'm terrified. If you know me well, you know I am a junk food junkie, especially sweets! I know that losing this weight is going to mean lots of diet changes and the one I am embracing first is cutting out the sugar and carbonated drinks. (also the sweet tea) I tried this a few years ago and I have to admit, it didn't last long. This year is about embracing changes, not being afraid of them, so I know this year will be much different. I believe it's all in the attitude, and I am very hopeful and even a little excited. I also started some weight loss medicine. I never thought I would get to the point when I would need medicine to lose weiht, however I realize that I need help and I can either ask for the help or keep failing. I am choosing to take the help I need and move forward. I have also started taking b-12 vitamins for energy and having a protein shake for breakfast. Hopefully these changes will help me feel better throughout my day and keep me motivated to get moving. Which leads me to my next change. I will be exercising for at least 30 minutes at least 5 days a week. I HATE to exercise, so I really think this will be my biggest challenge. I have a hard time getting motivated to break a sweat, however I am determined to change my attitude towards exercise (although the walking unfreezing cold windy weather may not be something I try again anytime soon). Overall I'm super excited to get this weightless under way. Today is day 2. I have to however make a correction. Last week when I stepped on the scale, and I weighed 242.2 lbs. my goal weight is 145 (which is the middle range healthy for my height). So I really only have 97 lbs to lose. Well today, I weighed 239.2, so I really have 94 lbs to lose now. See the numbers are looking more manageable already. So I guess the challenge should be 364-94. I can totally do this!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment